Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homemade Trout Bait



So, I decided to make my own bait about a month ago. Hubby and I headed to a lake up at Mt. Lemmon and it only is stocked with Trout.



This is what I made after viewing many websites.
What you will need:
1/4 c Peantbutter
Velveeta cheese (I bought the small package)
1 cup corn meal
dash a generous amount garlic powder
Squirt or two of syrup (and from what I learned it can be any kind of syrup)
1 cup flour
(in the end I did have to add just a small amount more of cornmeal and flour)

Get a large non stick pot. Fill a little more than half way with water. Start heating it up

Melt your cheese down in a large glass bowl in microwave/I didn't bring mine to a complete runny texture. I just heated if for 45 seconds.
Stir in the above ingredients.
For into medium size balls (like a blow pop size)
Bring water to a boil
Drop a few in at a time and boil for 1-2minutes. Don't put to many in like I did or they clump together.
Place on wax paper and let cool before you store them in a container.


 




Use a treble hook and have fun catching your trout.

PS
Also to my surprise the crayfish went nuts over my bait. Made hubby happy as he sure did chow down all of what we caught.


No comments:

Post a Comment